Recycle electronics, appliances at Clean Up Day, May 5
Bellevue Clean up Day will be held Saturday, May 5, 2012 at the Bellevue Middle School parking lot. Sponsors are the Bellevue Exchange Club and the Bellevue Chamber of Commerce, Council members Bo Mitchell, Charlie Tygard and Sheri Weiner, as well as Bellevue Beautification Chairs Susan Hufford and Barbara Matheison and Cross Point Community Church. Community service workers in conjunction with Judge Mike Jamison and the Sheriff’s office will clean Bellevue’s major thoroughfares, Red Caboose Park, schools, and will paint over graffiti.
As always, Bellevue residents will be taking advantage of the following services:
- Metro Public Works & Beautification is again providing bins to collect your bulk items for disposables like old appliances, yard furniture, and other items. Hazardous materials will be accepted.
- Shred on the Run will be available to shred your personal documents. This is a great way to help prevent identity theft and dispose of all those unneeded documents you’ve been storing. There is a two box per person shred limit.
- All About Computers will accept computers, printers, televisions and cell phones.
- Nashville Vehicle Inspection Program (VIP, administered by the Metro Public Health department) & SysTech International will be providing on-site services for Mobile Emissions Testing and License Renewal. Emissions test results are good for 90 days so take advantage of this great opportunity.
- Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee will collect your usable unwanted items.
- New this year will be Prescription Drop off by the Metro Police Department. In lieu of prescription drugs being deposited in the waste stream, safe disposal will now be available onsite that day. Also, voter registration materials will be available for your convenience.
The event runs from 8 a.m. until noon.
For more information, contact Exchange Club Project Manager, Dr. Sheri Weiner (347-7544) or the Exchange Club of Bellevue President, Tonya Robbins (414-3315), or visit www.BellevueExchangeClub.org.